Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Master Cleanse. . . Yep! I'm DOING IT!


Confession time:

My birthday is coming next week. . . spring is fast falling upon us. . . and I wanna look and feel FABULOUS. (and truth be told, I need to get back in shape)

About a year and a half ago I tried this Master Cleanse Detox program with a couple of friends. It is supposed to last for 10 days and detoxes and flushes your body--and the great side effect (besides feeling great afterward) is that you can lose weight FAST! (who doesn't wanna do that?)

I only lasted 6 days on it. . .(you're supposed to do it for 10). . .and I did manage to lose 8 pounds---but the really cool thing was that my allergies went away. I felt FABULOUS when it was over (NOT while I was on it) And I only wanted to eat HEALTHY things and did so for almost 6 months afterward!

I remember how much energy I had and how much better I felt. . . but like anything else--bad habits began to creep in again--and I haven't been eating as healthy as I used to. . . so I'm tryin' it again!

I feel this will just add some KICK to my SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE DIET and give me a bit of a boost so that when I DO again put things in my pie hole--they are better choices.

Today--I began my cleanse and THIS time to combat the hunger and fatigue that I felt the first time--I found these SECRETS that supposedly lead to success. I want to FINISH it this time. . . so I'm arming myself with all the stuff that's supposed to help me keep on keeping on while I'm on it. . .(I've provided the link below in case any of my blogger friends are interested)




I'm going to be reporting each day how I'm doing and how I REALLY feel. . . so you can decide if this is doable or not--and hopefully I can get through the entire TEN days.

Today (being the first day) is pretty exciting and easy--because with anything new, I was pretty jazzed to get started.

I tried the psyllium husks in water as my first drink (revealed in the secrets book) to add fiber and help me feel fuller. . . and it actually WORKED!

I did get a few hunger pangs around lunch time--but just drank more of the lemonade drink and water. . . for me, I've found that if I can make it through to 5:00 p.m.--I am as GOOD AS GOLD for the rest of the day--because for some reason, I don't seem to get hungry after 5:00 p.m when I'm on the cleanse.

It's GETTING to 5:00 p.m. that is the problem.

I ventured out for a walk this afternoon as well---and I haven't exercised in WEEKS because of a broken toe that is still healing. . . but I took a nice, leisurely walk and felt pretty good afterward.


I made it through DAY ONE! Let's see what happens on day two. . .

No comments: