Saturday, July 19, 2008

At last--the mystery is solved!


Dear hubby and I attended a wedding reception a few weeks ago and one of our friends was the Dee-Jay for the evening.

The dinner was FABULOUS--the music was super--and best of all, folks got out on the dance floor and really 'cut the rug'! (well in this case, it was actually a parquet floor--but you get the point)

I requested some '70's disco music, and my friend was only too happy to oblige. Whereupon dear hubby went NUTS on the dance floor--trying to strut his stuff in true John Travolta/Michael Jackson style. . .and his side-kick (me) was also dancing right along with him.

He created quite the stir among the guests--and for a while there, everyone else stopped dancing to watch the 'ole' man' do his thing. (which was pretty amazing, considering his age)

Our oldest son became a break dancer and danced for his sister's and his own wedding. And many people already knew how good our son could dance. But they were a bit surprised to find out that the acorn didn't fall too far from the tree. To say they were SHOCKED that my dear hubby could dance was an understatement.

I happened upon some rare, never-before-seen footage of dear hubby and myself, dancing at ANOTHER wedding. . . and you can see--the guy has STILL GOT It GOING ON!

Just for the record--we are not taking requests at the present time. . . our dance card is completely filled up for the summer--but if you are planning a late fall or early winter wedding--do give us a call. . .

Send a JibJab Sendables® eCard Today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was there and there was such a crowd that I could hardly see what was going on. But, I figured from all the cheering and clapping that it must have been good.

I know of some wedding receptions coming up this weekend--will your husband be dancing at any of those?

Showmethesale said...

Hi anonymous!

Not to worry, I will give you a 'special pass' so that during dear hubby's next AMAZING performance, you can cut right to the front of the line!

And YES! I'm sure he will be dancing at those upcoming receptions. . . so be prepared to be completely WOWED!

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I could have seen that. I miss all the fun!