Monday, May 25, 2009

Gal's Get-Away. . . And we're not tellin'!


You know, sometimes you just gotta get away from it all. . .

And the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy comes into play BIG TIME!

At least once a year I get together with some gal pals and we just 'take off' for a few days and the men folk know better than to ask us where we've been or what we've been up to!

Here's the solemn 'pinky swear' that what happens on the road trip--STAYS on the road trip:




And THIS is what we found ON the road which we needed to 'pinky swear' about:



Ahhh. . . the perfect 'Thelma & Louise' pose, just before we head off into the sunset to meet up with who knows what and who knows where:



Pigging Eating out is only half the fun:



OK, maybe it's MOST of the fun:



But certainly making one of your friends say it's their birthday--just so you can make them wear a big goofy sombrero and get some free sopapillas thrown your way is awfully fun too:





And let's not forget the shopping for REALLY DUMB STUFF THAT YOU JUST CAN'T DO WITHOUT:





I would say more at this point. . . but it just might incriminate me. Thanks for the 'good times' gals. . . can't wait for the next one!

Oh! And if you see any of these women running around separately or together, do yourself a favor and steer clear!







9 comments:

Susie said...

Hey YOU! super post of our trip! I LOVED every minute and especially my EXTRA day with you! LOLOLOLOLOL Twist my arm to stay. I know I was hard to convince~ LOL

Showmethesale said...

I loved every minute too. . .

WAH! I want to do it all over again--when can you get down here again?

(I'm thinking next time I won't have to twist your arm so hard)

Nicole said...

Those water bottles looked high-techy way cool. Do they actually tabulate how much agua you consume?

cdr said...

Hmmm...this sounds nice. I should put together a girl's trip like this too! How fun.

Showmethesale said...

Yes, Nicole they do. They measure (by sips) the ounces you consume and tabulate how many ounces you should be taking in per 24 hour period.

They also let you know the volume you are consuming per hour and whether you need to 'hydrate' more.

I'm growing quite fond of my hydracoach and take him EVERYWHERE.

CDR, I say GO FOR IT! Do put together and go on a girls trip. You'll never regret it! (and if you do anything regrettable, you can always make 'em 'pinky swear'!)

Stephanie said...

There's just something about getting together with the girls that is sooo refreshing! I'm glad you had a good time.

Showmethesale said...

Thanks, Stephanie!

That is sooooo true! Ahhhh. . . I love someone who gets where I'm coming from! (and I bet you have a great time on your getaways with your sisters as well)

I have a friend who calls it:

'sistas without mistas'!!!!

Duane Petrowsky said...

You know, it just came to my mind, that if I wanted to find out what my squeeze was doing that weekend while I was out of town I should take a peek at the blog. Hmmmm -- looks like my squeeze and her sistas did quite well. Congratulations girls for knowing how to have a swell time!

Showmethesale said...

Oh man! My apologies to Heidi--I guess we got found out! (sort of)

But hey--it's all good, cuz Duane said so!

Thanks, Duane!