Friday, July 17, 2009

No, I am NOT twittering! (But thanks for asking)


Are you kidding me? No, really! Are you seriously KIDDING ME? Cuz, you're KILLING me here!

I've been asked repeatedly if I 'twitter' and I am going to TWEET my answer once and for all in really simple language so everyone can understand where I'm coming from.

Oh! Maybe I should throw an explanation in here so those of you 'twits' who are uninformed about 'tweeting' will know what I'm talking about:

is another ridiculous vehicle for millions of people with absolutely nothing on their minds to be able to share their 'thoughts' to other equally mentally challenged folks who could care less. . .

In other words--never had so many folks with so little to say, said so much banality to so few.

Perhaps I'm being a bit snarky here. But the bottom line is that you basically share your 'tweets' (thoughts) about anything and everything at any time of day or night with your 'twits' (those who follow you) It's called 'twittering' and it is causing real socialization and actual conversation to teeter-totter on the brink of collapse.

"But Showme," (my friends who want to become twits apparently) will say to me. "You could have a real following. You can tell us what you are thinking about all the time and we would have access to the real you. You'd be a SENSATION!"



Put down the crack pipe and just THINK about that for a minute. I'm not sure anyone on planet earth is ready for the 'real me'. And even if by some miracle, a huge following (or heck, ANY following) was created in my twittering wake--let's face it--I just couldn't stand up to the pressure.

Holy Tweetmeister, Batman! I can barely keep up with my e-mail accounts, facebook, and this blog! (not to mention the real life I live out there somewhere past Twitterville)

I just can't see myself twittering on a daily, hourly, minute,millisecond basis. (at least not YET!) My life is just not that doggone exciting.

"But that's the POINT!" My friends shout at me. "You don't have to really say anything. You can write really dumb, random stuff."

Oh, really? And just what do they think this fabulous blog is already doing for me? I already write really dumb, random stuff. So why do I need a Twitter account? It's just one more thing adding to the pressure of my life to put statements out there on the interweb for. . . other folks who apparently love reading really dumb, random stuff.

Thanks, but no thanks.



I mean, what if I run out of things to say? What if my tweeter gets broken? I suppose I could make stuff up. Hey, wait a minute. . . I could make up really GOOD stuff. Juicy stuff! Horrific stuff! Stuff that could make the entire tweeting universe sit up and take notice. . .

Then again, I'd just like to lie back on a sandy beach somewhere and have a hunky cabana boy bring me cool drinks and chocolate drizzled yummies while I laze in the sun and surf. . .

So no. . . I don't think I will be 'twittering' anytime soon. . . But for those of you about to twitter--I salute you!



UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!


Well, as I live and breath! I came across an article from someone who feels the same way I do about 'Twitter'. She's a life coach to boot! It's a pretty thought provoking article and to read it for yourselves (since I won't twitter about it) just click on the link (words) below:

11 comments:

fa"n-ana"tastic said...

Oh my gosh ~ and here I thought "twitterpated" had something to do with having a crush on someone! How "twitless" can one person be!!! Thanks for bringing this ol' twit up to speed!

Mary said...

Call me a twit if you want, but I don't twitter either. (Although, if you did twitter, I'd follow you!)

A twitter fan said...

I love reading really dumb random stuff. So when you decide to take the plunge and twitter, I'll be here.

Not a twitter fan said...

I couldn't agree more with your post. I don't twitter either. But I bet you ruffled a few feathers of those who do!

Nicole said...

I think you should twitter... a little instant gratification for your fans.

Showmethesale said...

Hmmmmmm.. . I wasn't sure I even HAD any fans. . .

Undecided said...

To twitter or not to twitter. . . that is the question.

Kendra Goodrich said...

Yeah, I don't get why people 'tweet' either. My brother keeps bugging me about it. I don't forsee me doing it anytime in the future. Like I don't have enough to do in a day.

Deanne said...

I am with you. Hey i just joined Facebook a little while ago. So as you can tell I am slow with any new hip things. I prefer the good old fashion phone calls or face to face communication. Call me crazy. Plus I don't really care what people are thinking all day long!

Showmethesale said...

Kendra and Deanne--you are just doggone good people after my own heart!

LOVE the common sense approach!

Travis said...

I agree with you on this one Mom. I haven't caught the twitter bug yet either. But it is enticing to know what Beyonce is thinking about at any given point in time.