Tuesday, March 4, 2008

For the love of Wii



Now, I mean no disrespect to Wii fans. . . because after all, I was suckered in by the 'it's not just a video game. . . it's an active experience' hard sell too!

And yes! Our family bought the Wii when it first came out over a year ago. . . (We actually DID work up a sweat to the Wii Boxing--but only after we dropped the controllers and actually started 'going at it'!!)

Anyway---I come from a fitness background and worked in the fitness industry for nearly 25 years. . . so I busted a GUT laughing when I saw this new Wii toy--promoted as 'fitness' for our kids. . . (and busting a gut can give you a nice six-pack look, by the way)

Even though I am becoming a Rock Goddess on the Wii's Guitar Hero--I think I will give this new 'Wii Fit Thingy' a miss. . .

However--if you want a good work out for your abdominal muscles by laughing--just play the little parody video I found on Youtube for this latest and greatest invention from Nintendo. . .

And Wii fans--please don't get upset. . . get fit!

6 comments:

Stuck in Texas said...

This comes from someone who doesn't get suckered in by every new gadget and gizmo on the market. In fact the last Nintendo product we purchased was several years ago when Mario and his brother were bee-bopping around. We believed in getting our kids outside for some REAL exercise and fresh air - bet you don't have that in your house! Not that I'm trying to sound superior or anything, but hey, when you climb up to my pedestal, you wii players might be a little winded. The youtube video was amusing. I'm sure it drives the manufacturers crazy having people out there actually thinking and getting exposed to the real thing! I mean how can they make money like that?

Showmethesale said...

Stuck In Texas, I hear ya loud and clear! I think we're on the same side of the fence here. . .

Sounds like you and your family enjoyed life the old-fashioned way--by actually participating in stuff!

We live in a beautiful part of the country where all we do is venture outside. . . Most of our activities are outdoors so I understand where you are coming from. . .

I will admit though, when the weather becomes too inhospitable--we hunker down indoors and break out the gizmos and gadgets and have ourselves a grand ole' time.

Yes indeedy, that video was amusing! It will be interesting to see if they need to come up with a follow up version after a while--maybe the 'Wii Fat'!!!

And hey--is that a 'challenge' of some sort you are throwing out there? (The part about climbing up to get you off your pedestals) I'll have you know that from an earlier post of mine I disclosed that my family is VERY VERY VERY competitive (and FIT) and we love a challenge.

Since we can't go all the way to Japan for the 'rock/paper/scissors' competition this year--if you're not too far away--we would be up for coming out to where you are and throwing you off your pedestals.

Sounds like a good time!

Nicole said...

Very funny. I appreciate the IKEA reference... that store is getting a little too big for its britches anyway.

Showmethesale said...

I thought the IKEA comment was pretty funny too, Nicole.

But ya know, when I look at that woman standing on one leg with all the great, simple furniture, reasonably priced in the background--I have to admit the 'Wii Fit Thingy' DOES go pretty good with it!

Maybe those 2 selling giants should pair up and come up with a combined marketing strategy. . . hmmmmmm?

Josh said...

Amazing! This game looks better than Halo 3! Maybe even Halo 4 if they come out with it.

Showmethesale said...

Josh you CRACK ME UP! Maybe I need to rethink this. . . I guess those 'amazing graphics' and that cool 'white thing you stand on' makes the X-Box 360 obsolete!

Hmmmmmmmmm. . . .