Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The GRADUATES!



Well. . . The BIG DAY arrived! Oldest son and his wife both graduated from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah this past weekend.



And so dear hubby and I pulled youngest son out of school and make that HORRIFICALLY long road trip down to Provo. (13 hours in the car each way) But it was so WORTH IT!







We had the best time with our 'graduates' and of course, true to style, I became a bit 'emotional' at the ceremonies.







We took an extra day to just play around and go visit the Kennecott Copper mine (largest open pit mine in the WORLD, by golly!) You are supposed to be able to see this thing from space--and the next time I board the space shuttle, I'll have to report back if the rumors are true or not.


























We also went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point--and although the men would have rather had their eyes poked out with flaming hot sticks--a good time was had by all in the end. (Especially consuming large quantities of fresh kettle corn)




























And of course--there was always time for HORSING AROUND!

























































Here's my little slide show of all the 'festivities' and a big thank you to 'Grandma Carol' who made the effort to come be with us for this special event. . .



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and the graduates! I'm sure you and your husband put in a lot of time and support.

So a BIG CONGRATS to all of you!

Josh said...

The graduation ceremonies were good but Rette's was more fun because it was funny to watch the projection screen get stuck over and over.

On the way over to the graduation, your "dear hubby" yelled at me for driving 76 in a 75 mph zone.

Nicole said...

Nice pictures. I remember college graduation as feeling like jumping off the edge of a cliff... no idea what was coming next, but very exciting.

Unknown said...

It's hard not to yell when you're the best driver in the whole world.

And I didn't yell, I just pointed out the fact that you were going too fast.

Long drive, but good times and I still beat all of you in bowling.

Showmethesale said...

Hey! You only beat me by FOUR points--both times! (so that wasn't much of a rousing, I'd say)

I remember your graduation very well, Nicole--it was really fun with Ted Turner speaking! I was SO proud of you--(and again, got a bit emotional)

And golly, yes! Pretty exciting--just look at all the stuff that has happened since!

But whew! You made out good--and so will your brother. . .

carol speight said...

Great pictures and wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing and I'm so glad I was there to be a part of a great celebration and weekend.
Grandma

Megan said...

Congrats to the graduates and the Mom of the graduates. Looks like a fun trip.

Showmethesale said...

Thanks, Carol for being there to share in the fun and festivities with us.

And Megan--it WAS really fun. Thanks for your well wishes.