Friday, April 11, 2008

Are you an American Idol fan?



OK--I admit it! I like this show. I like to see new talent discovered. . . (and even though they won't publicly admit it--dear hubby and youngest son also watch it sometimes with me. . .

My absolute FAVORITES of this season has come down to the two 'DAVIDS'

David Archuleta--who has such a strong, amazing voice for someone so young and sings with such passion and feeling. To date--this is my most FAVORITE performance of his--where he sings John Lennon's 'Imagine':



And I also love the other David--David Cook--who has such a soulful, bluesy voice--and can really ROCK OUT just about any song. To date--this is my most favorite performance of his--where he sings Chris Cornell's version of Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean':




For me--this season has become 'The Tale Of Two Davids' with VERY difference performance styles. I really think they are both good--and I would love to see them battle it right to the end.

Do any of you watch the show and who are your favorites???

7 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! It looks like you and your family are doing great. Say hi to Oregon for us, I miss it and all of you there!

Showmethesale said...

Hi Megan!

I'm so glad I found your blog too! We miss you here in Oregon--come back and visit us sometime. . .

cdr said...

Mr X & I used to watch some of this show. Our favorite part was the tryouts...after that we both lost interest.

Showmethesale said...

Hi CDR!

I agree the tryouts can be quite entertaining to watch!

(and by the way--I'm so glad you are keeping your blog going--I really enjoy reading it)

Jennie said...

Ok, so I AM ADDICTED to American Idol. I think it's because the year I got pregnant with Jack I was all set to try out. I had the reservations at the hotel in Vegas and was totally ready. Then bedrest hit. Ugh. He's totally worth it, but sometimes it's fun to think if I could have given them a run for their money!! :) David Cook is my FAVE! I love the other David too, but he's GOT to lighten up! He's 17 for crying out loud! I was DEVESTATED when the "eye candy" Aussie was kicked off. sigh.

Showmethesale said...

Jennie, girl--you made me laugh out loud!

Hey--I was the same way when that Aussie guy left. (after all, a little eye-candy is good for the show and keeps the ratings up!)

And hey! I would LOVE to see you try out for AI! How cool would that be? Then when you made it to Hollywood, I could say. . . "Hey, I knew her when!"

(and I would come watch you sing and hold up a big sign that said: JENNIE ROCKS!)

Showmethesale said...

Update! Update!

I still thought the two Davids were the ABSOLUTE BEST tonight!

As Randy Jackson would say: 'Molten hot lava, baby!'

(And on Mariah Carey songs too!)