Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sam!


This past Tuesday my oldest grandson, Sam, turned FOUR! He is really into rockets and outer space in a BIG WAY--so his cool parents found this awesome pizza place called: 'OUT OF THIS WORLD' where they have 'SPACE STUFF' and BEYOND for kids to do--as well as pizza. . .







To say he liked it--would be QUITE the understatement. His little brother Max was equally as thrilled. . . and the rest of us even got into the excitement.







Here you can see Sam trying to show a friend exactly how old he is now:




Since Sam is such a 'Toy Story' fan, G-Pa and Nana couldn't resist getting him the Buzz lightyear and Woody Action Figures (Yes, Gil--they are ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!) The boys had a BALL with them--and now there is something else for them to fight over.



Sam's mom outdid herself on creating the PERFECT rocket cake for Sam--even down to the rocket thruster candles. . . and we DID get lift off!







All In all. . . I'd say it was a BIG success and Sam (as well as little brother) were on JOY OVERLOAD right till bedtime!










I need to let dear daughter know that she set the bar quite high this year. . . now what in the world will she do to top that next year????


3 comments:

Mel said...

I cannot believe he is 4 already! Nicole make a darling cake....how fun. We went to the Pizza & Play place on Monday and my kids loved it too...we didn't try the pizza but my kids loved the activities. Nice to have it on our side of town!

tnthicks said...

Okay ... now I'm feeling OLD, big sis! I can't believe that Nicole's son is already 4 - my Matthew is 4!!! She's not old enough to have a four-year-old ... especially when in my mind I picture the little girl who would sit in the aisle or in the seats at Slidell Little Theater during Philadelphia Story rehearsals. :o)

The cake is great ... I'm going to have to remember that one ... we've got the same Buzz and Woddy "action figures" here,too.

Showmethesale said...

Hey, Mel!

I'm going to have to find out where this 'Pizza & Play' place you speak of is located. It sounds fun too.

The 'Out Of This World' pizza place we went to is in Hillsboro. . . not too far. . . and it's like a giant WAREHOUSE full of stuff. I think your kids would like it too.

Hi Terryl!

You know, now that I think about it, Nicole was about Sam's age when we were doing 'Philadelphia Story' together. . . so she actually IS old enough to have a four year old.

I won't tell you her age on here, or she'll KILL ME, since she reads my blog--but she's gonna be VERY flattered that you think she's not old enough!

So your boys, like Buzz and Woody too? Little Max calls them BOTH 'Buzz'--but he really likes the Woody one. Thankfully Sam's favorite is the REAL Buzz--so I don't think there have been any knock-down-drag-out-fights over them yet. . .

(Their mom will be posting shortly to correct me if I'm wrong!)