Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ooh, la la! Cirque Du Soleil!



Last night dear hubby, youngest son and I went to see Cirqu Du Soleil's, Corteo and it was FANTISTIQUE!

We were right in the front--and I mean RIGHT in the front on the second row and saw many things UP CLOSE and PERSONAL! Many times we had to crane our necks to look up at all the high wire, trapeze and high suspension acts. . . but it was worth the minor neck discomfort.



One of the most endearing acts was the Helium Balloon Dance done by this tiny little character called: 'Bellatina' She was the tiniest, cutest little woman and kept stealing the show throughout.



I actually got to be one of the ones to help push her back on stage as her balloons took her right over to where I was sitting! This is a video clip of part of her 'little' performance:




The show was amazing--so many talented musicians and athletes and performers. . . it was VERY captivating and I loved the feel of being under the 'Big Top' And let me tell you--that is QUITE the high tech tent and state of the art equipment and sound that is used to produce that show. BRAVO!


3 comments:

Josh said...

I liked the part where one of the actors took some dude's popcorn and dumped it on another dude's head.

Showmethesale said...

Yeah, but remember--you said:

'Hey that popcorn is expensive!'

Bet you were glad they didn't take your hot chocolate and dump it on your head!

Anonymous said...

I went this year too and loved the show. I also enjoyed the tiny woman with the tiny voice. She was amazing!