Monday, April 7, 2008

Just how happy are you, anyway?


By way of explanation, (for those who are waiting with bated breath for me to put some of my very OWN videos on my blog) they WILL be forthcoming. . . I promise!

I got a new digital camera for Christmas--and I finally took out the 8 volume instruction manual and figured out how to use it--so I hope to 'capture some moments' on video tomorrow evening at my oldest grandson's 4th birthday party. . .

So hang in there! There just might be a stunning video coming up in the next day or two.

Until then--I'll have you know I scour the 'interweb' to find absolutely FASCINATING tidbits of information as well as dreamy photos and enchanting videos already produced and put them up for your benefit on my blog.

And this is no mean feat--let me tell you.

Today, for your consideration, is this happy little video clip of someone who is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY happy at what he does. (to the point that I spit out my morning oatmeal all over my computer monitor just watching it, from laughing)

I got this inspiration from watching my son-in-law's drum solo video on my daughter's blog. . . and actually found a guy that goes the extra mile in the 'happy' department while 'doin' his thang' (drumming)

I hope you enjoy this little band's performance--and keep your eyes on the DRUMMER--he gets progressively happier and happier throughout the song--and totally steals the show. . . PLEASE NOTE: For some reason this video clip doesn't actually start until around the 15 second mark--so be PATIENT--it's gonna be worth it!

ENJOY!

And learn from this experience---try to be HAPPY in what you do!



OK! I have gotten so many e-mails and responses from this post, including a great link sent to me by a friend--so I am adding one more HAPPY thing for you. This link will take you to an audio feed from a radio show of a guy who was talking on a cell phone to his friend while driving, when an accident occurred in front of him. (not to worry--it was nothing serious) But his description and reaction and laughter as he's describing what's happening is INFECTIOUS! Click on the link, listen to the audio, and be prepared to SMILE!

http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/bits/march24.swf

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That guy was fantastic! Is he for hire? I'm having an upcoming office party and I think he would be just the thing to entertain my boring co-workers.

Showmethesale said...

I'm sure he'd be THRILLED to play at your office party!

And hey! I finally figured out how to post a link within my post--so go back and check out that link on the bottom. . . that guy is HYSTERICAL!

(you may want to hire him too--as a possible announcer or M.C.!)

Mel said...

That audio was hilarious! I needed a good laugh tonight! I don't mind if link my blog...I will definitely be checking your blog often...especially when I need something interesting or entertaining to look or listen too. Thanks!

Showmethesale said...

Mel, that's GREAT! I just did! (Link your blog, that is)

I will be checking back on you often--so watch out!

Glad I could make you smile. . .

Meg said...

that was great! If only we could all be that happy in what we do! ahahahaha

Jennie said...

HI PATTI!!! How are you?? I LOVE the blogging world! It's so much fun to catch up with people from everywhere! Yes, you absolutely can put a link on your blog! I wil do the same, if it's ok! Looks like life is treating you well! We are hoping to get back to P-Town this summer and come visit the old ward. We sure loved it. It was just a one of a kind ward.
Talk to you soon!!
Jennie

Showmethesale said...

Megan, I'm with you--I try to be happy--but I just don't know if I can be THAT happy!

WOOHOO, JENNIE! You found me! You better come visit us this summer when you come to P-Town. . . this 'one of a kind ward' misses you and your family. We've lost part of our 'fun factor' without you here. . .