Sunday, May 3, 2009

Don't trifle with my Trifle!



Well. . .I made some fresh fruit/berry Trifle with fresh whipped cream and raspberry pound cake. I have some visiting relatives and dear daughter and her family coming over tonight to visit. . .

But now I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I mean, come on! It's just to doggone pretty to mess it up by EATING it!



Do you think folks would mind just sitting around staring at it???



Nah! They'll want to just grab a big spoon and dig right in. . . after all--it's MY family we're talking about. . .

Oh well--it was pretty while it lasted and I'm glad I got the BEFORE picture. . . I'm sure the AFTER picture will be pretty ugly. . .



Actually, it's not too bad looking. . . but it was just as I predicted--that bowl was WIPED CLEAN! (I caught youngest son with his FACE in there, trying to lick it out)

2 comments:

cdr said...

It was a very lovely trifle. I'm impressed. I've never made one before....probably because I don't own a trifle dish and it would be a shame to make one in something that couldn't display it's beauty properly.

Showmethesale said...

Thanks Charlotte! You're right--I've never made them before either--until I got my trifle dish several years ago and then my creative juices went into overdrive!