Monday, May 11, 2009

Unconventional Mother's Day Card



OH MY GOSH!


A good friend sent this e-mail Mother's Day card to me and now I have a few new laugh lines on my face over it. . .

Just TOO funny!

Trouble is, there but for the grace of God, go I. . .

I am entering that stage where all I really need are 'cute shoes'.

Case in point:

Yesterday at church I wore these darling white, lacy stilettos to compliment my dress and my foot with the still healing broken toe was KILLING me. So I ended up sort of limping around in my cute shoes and quite a few people were concerned that I was hurt or something.

NOT the impression you want to leave on people when you are trying to be a fashionista. . .

Concerned friend: Are you OK?

Me: Of course! Why do you ask?

Concerned friend: Well, you look like you hurt yourself or something the way you are limping around.

Me: Oh, that! I broke my toes a while back and these shoes are a little uncomfortable.

Now completely baffled friend: Why on earth are you wearing them then?

Me: Well. . . because. . . I mean. . . (limping away as quickly as possible)

Several more church goers/friends in no particular order:

My gosh! What happened to you?

You look like you're in pain.

Did you just fall or twist an ankle?

Do you need help?

What's wrong?

Me: No! I'm perfectly fine--I had some broken toes and these shoes are just giving me a bit of discomfort--but don't they look pretty?

Friends/acquaintances backing away slowly with superior smiles: Uh, yeah--they look really nice--until you stand up and try walking around on them.

OK--so maybe it's not quite time yet for me to make my high hell heel debut back into society. . . Lesson learned.

But THEN when I got back home--I got that e-card in my inbox and I just HAD to laugh--because someone out there really gets me!

(and you know who you are)

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is so you! I can totally see you doing that. You are definitely a 'shoe girl', and I'm sorry being such a shoe horse got you into trouble! Hope you feel better.