Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Master Cleanse. . . Post Cleanse--an Afterward


Well. . . I woke up to another 2 pound loss this morning! That's SIXTEEN POUNDS since I started the cleanse 11 days ago.

I'm a bit afraid of eating, but I also don't want to turn into Stephen King's 'Thinner' where the guy in the book keeps getting thinner and thinner and thinner until he is near death. . .

I can almost see how doing something like this can become addictive--the 'high' that you get while on it. . . the continuous weight loss. . . the sorry stares from friends and sympathetic looks when you pull out a lemonade drink and say: 'This is all I'm having.'

But I don't plan on doing this anytime again soon---and I don't want to get caught in the morass of staying on it until I become my High School weight again. (although the thought is quite tempting)

I've had some orange slices and some organic veggie broth and I know you are supposed to keep 'juicing' but doggone it, I am so sick of just juice that my mouth AND stomach was doing the talking and telling me to go for a completely different taste.

Chewing into the orange slice was pure heaven and the broth tasted yummy too. So far my stomach hasn't rebelled. . . so I will wait and see what happens later in the day.

I will shut up about this now and resume my usual snarky posting--but for those of you following my cleanse journey I won't say something stupid like: "If I can do this than anybody can do this" But I will tell you that I am usually a wimp when it comes to going without food and I quite surprised myself by how long I managed to stay on the darn thing.

Losing 16 pounds was more than I ever hoped for--rejuvenating my system and getting rid of the allergies that plague me this time of year was what I expected to accomplish. The last time I did this I was off allergy medications for a complete year afterward. And so far, I have no signals that they are starting up again. (which normally by this time of year they would be)

I feel renewed and squeaky clean and just pretty darn good and proud of myself--like the cat that ate the canary. (It's a bad food metaphor and I apologize to all the PETA folks in advance)

Oh, and did I mention that I LOST SIXTEEN POUNDS????

No comments: