Friday, March 27, 2009

The Master Cleanse. . . Day NINE. . . Light at the end of the tunnel



Late last night was the worst time of the cleanse for me. I had prided myself on the fact that I wasn't having the 'sick detoxing symptoms' that I read about that many folks experience.

But then. . . It happened! Mr. Toilet and I had a few dates that were just AWFUL! I got the chills, cold sweats, and abdominal pains and rather than go into any more gross details--let's just say that the toxins finally made their grand exit out of my body.

I don't know why it took so long for it to happen--but after it was all over--I was glad that was through! From what I've read, most people experience that the first few days--but I never did--both times I've done this cleanse. I guess the first time I didn't stay on the cleanse long enough to get rid of everything.

I can't say I enjoy getting rid of toxins in such a dramatic fashion--but fortunately it wasn't very long and I woke up feeling much better, although somewhat tired this morning.

I can tell my body is ready to be over and done with this thing. And I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. . .I lost another 1/2 pound! So that's 14 pounds I've lost since I began my journey and tomorrow will be my LAST DAY!

HURRAY! I am dying for something besides lemonade and water.

I am going to begin to wean myself back into other types of juices/broths/foods slowly but surely over the next few days and hopefully my poor stomach will be able to handle it again.

I'm glad to have shrunk my stomach somewhat and I don't plan putting so much in it anymore. I am also glad to have gotten over craving the junky foods I was having from time to time, as well as cleaning out the system and giving myself a fresh start.

And losing 14 pounds in 9 days also has me doing the happy dance--as well as fitting into clothes that I haven't worn in ages because they were starting to get too snug!

This cleanse is not for the weak. It's definitely been MIND over BODY (cravings) for me. I now see myself crossing the finish line and looking and feeling better in the process for having ventured to take the difficult journey.

(the fact that it's only 10 days and not months or years really helps too!)

I am almost at that magic hour of 5:00 p.m. and I feel much better today at this time than I did yesterday so I know I will make it.

Whoohoo! I've gotten through DAY NINE!

2 comments:

cdr said...

I'm sorry day 9 was such an unpleasant one. Hopefully day 10 is much better. I'm impressed with your mind over matter though...

Showmethesale said...

Thanks a TON. . . it's one of those 'make you or break you' deals. . .