Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Master Cleanse Day TEN. . . Yea! I made it!



Well. . . I'm finally here! It's my last day of the Master Cleanse and I am so happy that I made it all the way.

I'm 14 pounds slimmer. (no extra weight loss this morning) I really do feel good (after that horrible detox session the night of Day Eight) and I can finally anticipate putting back smaller portions of healthier foods in the next coming days to keep my system running great.

I went to a health food store last night to buy few things I would need and as soon as I put my stuff on the counter the cashier says to me: "Oh, so you are Master Cleansing?"

I wondered what gave it away--the tons of lemons, oranges, Omega-3 Capsules, or the boxes of organic vegetable broth?

She told me that she had been doing it every year since she was 20--sometimes for 3 days--sometimes 5 days--and once for 10 days. "It really does help clean and restart your system," she told me.

So I came home feeling pretty good about what I had accomplished and that I might not be so crazy doing this after all, since the cashier was pretty normal looking.

I have some good friends who are doing it again too--and although they ARE crazy, they are a great support and have done even better than I did with weight loss and longevity of staying on the diet.

This journey to health seemed long and short at the same time. I can't explain it any better because I think you'd have to actually go through it to understand.

To anyone who is intrigued by the process and might want to try this detoxing fast/diet I would encourage you to read up on everything you can and become well informed first so you do it the right way. Read the original Master Cleanse book by Stanley Burroughs and the Secrets To A Successful Cleanse (I have provided a link) as well as lots of other information that has since been written about it that you can find on the internet.

Pay attention to your body and how you are feeling and be smart in your choices both during and after the cleanse, no matter how long you decide to stay with it.

Today I feel clean and new and really GOOD so I know I will make it. Now I'm off to drink my morning lemonade and enjoy the outdoors and rain! (ah well. . . it's the northwest, what can I say?)

Unless something changes and I have to report back later I am already going to print my victory statement:

I DID IT! I DID IT! I made it all the way to the end! I made it through DAY TEN!

No comments: