Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Master Cleanse. . . DAY SEVEN. . . Uncharted Territory



Well. . . just like Homer Simpson said: 'I'm in a place where I don't know where I am.'

This is all new and mystical and different for me. I never made it to this point before. DAY SEVEN! It sounds pretty amazing. AND I lost another pound this morning! That sounds pretty amazing too.

Dear hubby greeted me with: 'You're still alive, aren't you?'

(I think that was his way of saying that he was kinda concerned about this whole thing and since the covers have gotten less bulky, he wanted to make sure I was still under them)

I reassured him that yes, I was still alive. . . still going strong. . . and still doing this!

I laid back in bed to take inventory of my journey and realized that every single morning I have not had to drag myself out of bed. I wake up WIDE awake and ready to go. That blows me away--because my head is telling me that I shouldn't POSSIBLY have any energy or strength since I'm not eating anything--but the way I feel completely defies logic.

I wake up every day alert, clear eyes, and never hungry! At least in the morning. (I know that part will come later in the day) I feel amazing and renewed. I think that's how we are supposed to wake up from our sleep. Honestly, I can't remember feeling this good upon waking up.

The weight loss is a huge bonus, I'm not going to lie about that--and I'm really pleased about that--but I also just FEEL so much better, I feel cleaner and like I am being reborn or something. It's quite hard to describe--it's almost spiritual in nature.

I'm not gonna lie and say it's easy--because it's not. There is still the 'mind thing' that you have to control and the impulses that have developed over time to eat and snack and do what you've done before. And certain smells, pictures, and the presence of food triggers that Pavlovian response and there can be a bit of drooling and longing involved until you get a grip and get over it.

But truly, I have found if you make it to this point--you aren't actually HUNGRY anymore. You miss eating and savoring those amazing flavors--but your body has gotten used to the liquid diet and hunger really isn't a problem for me right now. Wanting to eat and taste is. That's what I have learned to overcome--and I feel more disciplined the longer I do this. I feel I am gaining control over my body and that really inspires me to continue.

Now I can see why folks continue this for 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks and even longer. I have no desire to go that long and will be stopping at the suggested 10 days--but now I can see why others do it. There is something empowering by gaining control of your body/impulses and cleansing your mind as well as body and becoming stronger physically/mentally/spiritually.

I will probably have a bit more to say later in the day as I'm just getting started today. . . but so far DAY SEVEN is looking good!

Whew! I'm back and it's now nearly 7:00 p.m. so I can chalk up another successful day. Only 3 more to go! I got a bit hungry this afternoon and tried to keep myself distracted and busy and drink more lemonade during those difficult times. I've been fixing a drink to take with me in the car while I am out and about and that really helps.

Hallelujah! I made it through DAY SEVEN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well? Where's Day 8? Are you still going strong? I'm fascinated by this whole process. Sorry for my impatience.

cdr

Showmethesale said...

I'm just getting ready to post Day 8 and yep, I'm hanging in there. . . thanks for keeping me on my toes, Charlotte!