Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Master Cleanse. . . Day THREE. . . I'm HUNGRY!



Well. . . I will probably add more later to this post--but I wanted to jump in and write right away--because I lost another pound and a half! Really--that's what keeps me motivated. . . but I must admit, I am a bit HUNGRY!

I don't actually wake up hungry--but doing stuff throughout the day I find all these little signals going off in my head of where I would normally take in food.

It's amazing to me how much mindless eating I was doing throughout my day. Watching TV is the worst--because that triggers a response for me to go to the cupboard or fridge to get something to snack on. (And let's face it, those mouth-watering food commercials don't help)

Also, when I'm out running errands or shopping (particularly grocery shopping) there are all these 'tastees' everywhere and I would gravitate over to just take a look-see (as well as a taste or two) of whatever was being offered. But NOT THIS WEEK, BUDDY! I just stay focused on task and get whatever I need and get out of there! Also, I have been able to resist the urge to drive through one of those fast food restaurants just to get a drink or a snack going through the motions of my day.

I am realizing how much needless, mindless eating/snacking I was doing all the time--and although I'm a pretty fit and active individual--I still have some pudge on my frame that I'm not proud of and when I think of all the toxic foods that have found their way into my pie hole over this past year and a half (since I last did the cleanse) it makes me glad I am finally doing something to get rid of it.

It's like cleaning out the sludge in the pipes and shining up the chrome on your car, and adding a boost to your transmission fluid as well as slimming down that chassis--and why the heck am I droning on about an automobile metaphor???? I'm sure you get the point. . .

I'm pretty determined to keep on with this. . . and I'll report back later on how the rest of the day went. . . right now it's time for a walk and some relaxing yoga afterward. . .

Photobucket

OK! Back for another update. . . I feel a bit better after doing some stretching, yoga, and relaxed breathing. Also I managed to do the salt water flush this morning--although downing all that warm salt water brought tears to my eyes and almost made me HURL!

Another thing that made me feel fabulous and boosted my spirits was taking a hot Epsom Salts bath. (again, I got this tip from the 'Secrets To a Successful Cleanse') The salt bath also pulls out toxins through your skin (largest organ of your body) and I really felt so clean and pure afterward. . .

I do so terribly miss the thrill of CHEWING on something--anything, the couch cushions for Heaven's Sake! I don't really feel HUNGRY per see, downing all that lemonade/syrup/pepper drink--but there is something to be said for actually mashing your teeth down on something and swallowing it. (not to mention the fabulous TASTE of whatever that concoction might be)

But I have a better attitude and desire to complete the darn thing this time around--so I will somehow sip my way through this cleanse and complete it.

I'm right in the middle of my 'mid-day crisis'. . . once that's over, I should settle down and be glad I made it through another day and get ready for the next one.

Truth be told--I got a bit hungry AFTER 5:00 p.m. today--and dear hubby and my youngest son were good enough to go out for pizza so I wouldn't have to be around any cooking smells. (much less see them EAT) They even wrapped the extra pizza they brought home OUTSIDE and put it away in the fridge before I could even sense it was there! (how thoughtful)

Dear hubby cracked me up, because I could see his face peering in the family room window looking around to see if I was there. (and I was)

Me: (sitting on the couch, looking at my dear hubby's face peering in the window) What are you doing?

Dear hubby: I'm trying to see if the coast is clear.

Me: What do you mean?

Dear hubby: Well, your son and I have some extra pizza out here we are wrapping up and I didn't want to parade it in front of you.

Me: Good idea--I'm out of here! (and with that, I scram)

Oh, that dear hubby of mine is so thoughtful. (never mind the fact that I am still cringing wondering WHERE THE SNOT they went to get pizza and what kind it was and did it have extra cheese????)

But hey! I made it! I made it through DAY THREE!


No comments: