Friday, March 20, 2009

The Master Cleanse. . . Day TWO



This is the character 'Kelly Kapoor' from the TV series 'The Office'--who supposedly went on the Master Cleanse (lemonade diet) and ended up getting sick and passing out. (if you watched the weight loss episodes)

Well. . . not so with THIS master cleanser! I've managed to get through DAY TWO just fine, thank you very much. I even went to a movie with a good friend. . . and although I thought I would cave in with that smell of movie popcorn all around me, I didn't. I stuck to my guns and lasted all the way through the day--but I did pass up an opportunity to go out to dinner with friends this evening--because it's VERY HARD to be around people eating and all those WONDERFUL SMELLS. . .

I do want to continue being social--but I just have to take a rain check on some of the 'food invitations' until I feel I have this 'lemonade diet' under control. . .

And as I'm typing this--I've made it to that magic 5:00 p.m. hour which (for me) seems to be the tipping point. If I can get all the way to five in the evening, I can make it through the rest of the night. Mid day is when I get a bit 'out of sorts'. . .

Now if I can just get past DAY THREE (tomorrow) I think I will be able to go the distance. . . they say the 3rd day is the worst (kinda like having that 3rd kid) but if you can get past THAT--well, then you can do anything.

Oh! And I am MUCHO MOTIVATED to keep plugging right along---because I've had a SEVEN POUND weight loss these past two days!!!

I know that's not normal--and it's mostly just waste and water weight at this point--but hey! If I keep exercising and eating right, after I detox, it's the weight loss AFTERWARD that I am really excited about. I want to see if I can keep that weight off, eat healthier, and STAY thinner!

OK--off for my daily walk. . . .



Yea! I've made it through DAY TWO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've lost 7 pounds already? Girl, I am so with you on this. I want to do it.