Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stupid is as stupid says. . .


Today I had a totally frustrating and hair-pulling-out phone conversation with a credit card customer service rep.

I was trying to get some information on the status of my credit card, current billing, etc. (but I won't bore you with the details of my plight or scintillating conversation)

Instead I will tell you this: after I got off the phone with her, it got me to thinking how incredibly STUPID people are! We are becoming a nation of 'stupider & stupider' people. It's really quite scary.

And just to prove my point, I will illustrate with quotes by some famous people who apparently have no problem letting out their stupid side whenever they get a chance:

First we have one from the 'Governator'--Arnold Shwarzenegger:

"I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman."

Next we have the lovely (and apparently modest in the brain department) Tara Reid:

"I make Jessica Simpson look like a rock scientist."


So let's hear from the Rock Scientist herself, shall we? Jessica Simpson:

"I'm not anorexic. I'm from Texas! Are there people from Texas who are anorexic? I've never heard of one. And that includes me."

How about another 'Rock Scientist' who goes by the name of Britney Spears:"I've never really wanted to go to Japan, simply because I don't really like eating fish, and I know that's very popular out there in Africa"

And let's not forget Brit's brilliant 'baby-daddy' Kevin Federline:

He's got a couple of good quotes:

"I told her that it`s not right for the woman to ask the man. The man`s supposed to get on one knee and do it right. It took me about five minutes, and then I turned around and asked her."

And this one is so true: "Watching us go through things makes other people feel normal."

Here's something truly profound from Brooke Shields:
"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life"

And another deeply moving statement by Linda Evangelista:
"It was God who made me so beautiful. If I weren't, then I'd be a school teacher."

How about hearing from another knock-out, Mariah Carey:
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.""

I can't resist this one by Nicole Ritchie:“When I pictured heroin, I pictured some crazy crackhead with no shoes under a bridge. You never think that is going to be you. And it never was me. I was never under a bridge, and I always had shoes.”

And of course, let's not leave the men out! Here's Dan Quayle:Here are 3 of my favorites:

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."

"I love California. I grew up in Phoenix."

"It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment, it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

And let's not forget George W. Bush:"I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them"

"We got issue in America. Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OBGYNs aren't able to practice their, their love with women all across this country"

"They misunderestimated me." (ain't THAT the truth!)

And besides Al Gore inventing the 'interweb' and 'global warming' he gave us this piece of wisdom:"A zebra does not change its spots"

Let's hear the wisdom of our current president, Barack Obama: "I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change."

With Obama's talk of change--he might want to consider Gary Busey for a cabinet post:"There's nothing like changes because nothing changes but changes."

And who knew Dennis Rodman was so doggone smart?:"Chemistry is a class you take in high school or college, where you figure out 2 + 2 = 10 or something"

And I don't even have to put a quote up about this guy--his photo says it all:


And finally--in honor of the Superbowl XLIII which we all just witnessed this past Sunday--I'll leave you with some fantastic quotes from some football experts:

Joe Theisman: (quarterback and sports analyst)"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Danny Ozark: (Philadelphia Phillies manager)"Half this game is ninety percent mental."

And people are worried about the 'Dumbing Down Of America'. . .

After hearing from these fine folks, I'd say the majority of us are just fine and dandy!

While we can't all be 'rock scientists' or changers for change's sake--let's just work on not being STUPID, OK?

5 comments:

cdr said...

I blame reality television. Or maybe just Hollywood in general. I swear I get dumber almost every time I watch a movie. And I've seen A LOT of movies.

Anonymous said...

I laughed my stupid little guts out! These people make me feel really smart. (at least today)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh ~ thanks I don't feel so stupid ~ loss of memory sometimes is
good ~ it indicates you actually had something to remember at one time!

Anonymous said...

Where do you find this stuff? Very funny!

Anonymous said...

I had read many of these before, but you had some new ones. There are a lot of dumb people - it is part of the plan. The dummying down of America is a reality. And as for Mariah Carey's wish, the way the economy is going, it will probably come true. The downside is that it will probably include the flies and such.