Monday, January 11, 2010

Holy Smokes! My life got in the way of my blog!

Ya know, some will say it just couldn't be helped.  Some will scoff and say I got rather lazy.  Some will smile and say:  "I told you so". . . and some will be just fine because they don't read my blog anyway. . . and then there are those few precious souls who won't care a whit because they are just so doggone glad I am FINALLY POSTING AGAIN!

Woohoo!  I found a moment to breathe and man, oh man!  do I have a lot to catch up on!

Let me see. . . . maybe I should start in reverse order.  Today I will give you 'The Necklace' updates.  (since that's the most recent thing I can think of at the moment.

Here are the lovely recipients so far of this rare gem:  (and if you've been following with wild abandon,  I posted about this back in Sept/Oct of 2009)

First it went to Karen the staunch and stalwart:  (when she reads this, I will get an earful about why I chose those descriptions for her)



Next it went to Heidi the reckless and recalcitrant: (who nearly lost it at the Grand Canyon on our trip to sunny Arizona)





Then it went to ME, the sparkly and  showy:  (I ended up wearing it to my big singing debut, which now puts me on the path to rivaling Brittany Spears)






And now it is on the neck of Elaine the giddy and gleeful:  (she was just so doggone excited to get the necklace she could barely contain herself)






Yes--there are AMAZING and simply RIVETING  stories that go along with these women and their adventures with the necklace. . . but I will have to add those details in future posts. .


Photobucket

For now--just want to wish my blogger fans a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR of 2010. And please don't get snarky about my lateness in posting. . . because well. . . it just so happens that I've already broken a few new year's resolutions already--one of which was to try and not tick so many people off anymore. But I kind of ticked myself off when making that resolution--so naturally I broke it.

And hopefully you had a wonderful Christmas celebration with your family and friends.  We had quite the time ourselves at the 'Showmethesale Chateau':  But the ultimate moment was when my oldest grandson, Sam, opened his BIG, HUMONGOUS present from the old man and me and declared with a triumphant jumping dance of joy:

YES!  YES!  YES!  I've been waiting for this my whole life!  (score one for 'Nana' and 'G-Pa'!)




There was also an unpredicted snowstorm that left us with a blanket of snow (and mayhem for the drivers and those trying to just get around town)




And while my middle grandson will be the first to tell you that:  'Crimmus is over now'. . .it's still kind of fun to look back and smile over the memories.  Thanks to oldest son and Grandma Carol for coming and spending the holidays with us. . . 2009 was quite the crazy, fun, unpredictable year. . . can't wait to see what 2010 has in store!
 





No comments: