Monday, April 13, 2009

Sam turns 5!



My oldest grandson recently celebrated his 5th birthday with a BIG BIRTHDAY BASH! He invited 6 of his 'best friends' over to his house and they had a great party with games and pizza, cake and ice cream, and prizes for all the kids that came.

I was really impressed with my daughter and her husband who decided to NOT make this party about Sam receiving more gifts from the kids that were invited. Rather, they taught him that birthday parties were for celebrating and having fun with the friends and NOT about getting presents from them. So none of the children brought gifts--but Sam and his 'buddies' had a ball.

G-Pa and youngest son and I got there after the festivities were wrapping up and the party revelers were leaving. That's when family and close friends came over to spoil him a bit and bring him some presents to open.

I made sure little Max got a gift too--so he wouldn't feel left out.




Sam's party was a BIG HIT and both boys were thrilled beyond belief! Max took everything in stride too--(including Sam's presents)




P.S. Sorry to my dear daughter, but I just HAD to snag these pictures of Sam and Max from her. They were just TOO CUTE! The 'try to eat a doughnut from a string with your hands behind your back game' was pretty exciting:






And I thought last year's Rocket Cake she made for Sam was pretty impressive--but this year's Blue Jet Fighter Cake was even more amazing. I love how it's lit:





HAPPY FIFTH BIRTHDAY, SAM!

No comments: