Friday, April 10, 2009

Detoxing. . . It's my new OBSESSION!

I posted about this book I've read in the little online book club I belong to--but it bears repeating on my blog because. . . Well. . . just BECAUSE!


Yeah, there are worse things I could be obsessed with--but my latest passion is DETOXING! And after I finished doing 'The Master Cleanse' I wanted MORE! So dear hubby decided to get me a great book on the subject which I devoured as rapidly as I used to eat junk food:



The book is called: The Detox Strategy--Vibrant Health In 5 Easy Steps



By: Brenda Watson, C.N.C.



I really enjoyed learning how our bodies deal with all the toxins in our environment--and what we can do to create the best optimal health for ourselves in a toxic world. And yep--I'm currently on the 14-Day RENEW plan for total body rejuvenation that the book talks about.



I feel so GOOD and I love how my body is responding to the way I eat, drink, exercise and THINK! Yep--thinking is mentioned in there too--which is something that I know several folks should do more of!



If I can reverse this aging process by making some simple lifestyle changes, I'm all for it. I now shop at Whole Foods and Trader Joes almost exclusively--and I'm gradually replacing all the 'staples' that we eat with organic foods. I rarely eat meat any more. As soon as I finish my liver/kidney/total body cleanse--I'm moving on to a heavy metal cleanse--and I plan on cleansing at least a couple of times a year to keep myself as toxic free as possible.



Just living in the environmentally conscious Northwest wasn't enough--I had to become a hemp-wearing, tree-hugging, natural food eating environmentalist wacko by finding out that I could reverse the aging process and LOOK and feel younger and fit.



Yep! It's all about appearances that finally got to this shallow little heart of mine. . .

2 comments:

cdr said...

I was going to ask you for an update on how you feel a week or two post-master cleanse. How do you feel? How is your will power? All that good stuff. So what is involved in this cleanse you are doing now? I'm quite fascinated...

Showmethesale said...

Hi Charlotte!

I'm still feeling really good--and I haven't gone back to my old eating habits (yet)!!

Although I could kill Nicole for bringing over a fabulous raspberry cream topping for some pound cake on Easter--because I did manage to snag a quarter section of it--it was so YUMMY! But that has been my only sugary 'non-organic' treat so far. . .so I don't feel too guilty.

The weight has stayed off too! (at least so far)

And just check out the book at your library if you want all the details--because the information this good doctor gives on health and detoxing is FASCINATING!

Warning: you may become a bit extreme, insane or BOTH after reading all the toxins you are exposed to on a daily basis. . . it's criminal what's in our food, water and environment.