Sunday, February 3, 2008

Words to live by. . .







OK. . . a bit of a more serious note here. . .

Did you ever receive one of those e-mails from a friend that was forwarded by someone else A ZILLION times--and just as you are about to hit the 'delete' button you actually stop to read it and have an 'aha' moment?

For some reason at that precise moment it really connects--the light bulb goes on--the elevator reaches all the way to the top floor and you actually PAUSE TO THINK for a change. . .

Well, that's what happened to me this morning. I actually got TWO forwarded e-mails that made me do a deep intake of breath (before I reached for that delete button)! I'm not going to share these e-mails because they are stories you've probably heard before already anyway--but I WILL share with you what they made me think of:


1) The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

2) Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

3) We don't stop laughing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop laughing.

Right now that song: 'I Hope You Dance' comes to mind. . . as well as a myriad of thoughts of how best to make lemonade of the lemons we are thrown sometimes--and how best to use this all too brief time period we call mortality.

Ahhh. . . that enjoy the journey and not just the destination advice we got from our 'elders' is beginning to make a lot more sense.

Sometimes you need that 'shot in the arm' from those mass forwarded e-mails that come unbidden into your inbox. . . And right now I think I need to dance!





No comments: