Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another Oregon Coast getaway. . . Life is GOOD!



I absolutely LOVE getting away to the beach. . . something about the waves. . . the water. . . the cliffs. . . the sand. . . the sun. . . the seagulls. . . . the sky. . . and the SOLITUDE.

OK--maybe not so much the solitude part (since I rarely go alone) but the IDEA of solitude is pretty cool.

 

Besides. . . the Oregon coast is just breathtakingly beautiful. . . .




The last weekend in September I got away with one of my crazy gal pals and we headed off to the coast for a long 3 day weekend. 

 

Just for fun we invited another friend and 3 other women we didn't even know.




To find out just ONE of the antics we came up with--you need to read my previous post on 'THE NECKLACE'

 

Besides the sight seeing and shopping, which are always favorite activities for gal pal and me--we decided to really go out on a limb and try something different.  One of my friends had suggested we participate in  'Beach Dance' on Cannon Beach.   (I will be posting more on that experience later)  But we were a pretty game bunch of women and up for anything--so we ended up giving it a whirl.

The excitement BEFORE the event was much like a kid awaiting Christmas.  The anticipation of what it would be like had us coming up with our own inventive versions. . . (and notice how there is always a handy pole nearby when you need one)




 




 I think this name aptly describes our little group of wild women:




Notice the point made about 'keeping off'.  I think it goes without saying when you come upon this bunch :




Among the 'sights' that we saw was this PERFECT CAR!  Methinks the theme had something to do with flamingos:




And of course it was parked in front of the PERFECT HOUSE!




Now if I posted every single 'shopping find' we found and JUST HAD TO HAVE, it would exceed the bandwidth for this blog . . . so I'm just gonna say that the finds were AMAZING and INCREDIBLE and FANTASTIC (and didn't set our finances back too much)

Besides finding 'the necklace' and meeting 3 fabulous women---I'm thinking the cream on the top of this latte was participating in 'Beach Dance'. . . And I will savor that moment and share it in my next blog post--because it deserves a post of it's own.

Thanks for the memories gals. . . what a GREAT coast weekend!







1 comment:

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

I loved the pictures! That's a great car with the flamingos on it! Heidi is so great! : ) I love her too!!! I'm glad you had such a good time!