Monday, December 15, 2008

Odds 'N Ends Part One. . . Getting ROCK BAND 2!


Yes! I have some MAJOR catching up to do. . . (as my faithful dozen or so blog fans keep telling me)

So I am putting some little snippets of mirth and mayhem which occurred when I got back from my 'European Vacation' this past September.

One of the first things on my 'MUST DO AT ANY COST' list was was get that much anticipated game of all time:

ROCK BAND 2!

I knew my boys could NOT wait until Christmas (and truth be told, neither could I)

My middle son was prepping his hairstyle for his new rocker image:



I informed him rockers don't smile and he must cop an attitude if he was to really pull off the rocker style--(which as you can see from the next photo was really hard for him to do--as he has to keep some sort of smirk on his face):




Meanwhile, youngest son was wondering if the guitar, drums, or microphone would be bigger than a shoe:



(Well. . . maybe not THAT shoe!)

On the day I brought the game bundle home--I was able to hide it fairly well--so that I could get some much needed work projects done around the house by my boys before I would rescue it from it's hiding place and let them open it. . .

But the moment finally came:



And everything was tested out and deemed: 'pretty sick' (which I think means 'OK')






































Confession time here--I really like this game myself and have become the Queen of 'Medium Mode' which I can play now without getting too winded or needing a nap or hospital visit after an extremely killer session.





Meanwhile--my boys have gone on to master the 'Harder Than the Guys Who Actually Play The Song Mode' which requires extreme training and the ability to remove clothing while playing when they get a bit overheated during a mega-marathon session.

So yeah, that age-old adage now applies to our home. . . When our house is a rockin'--don't come a knockin'!





No comments: