Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Night skiing in the neighborhood. . .




Since we've had the biggest snowstorm EVER that I can remember in the 15 years I've lived here--and nearly everything has been shut down for a week and the roads are an icy, snowy blanket of slippage and fun. . . I've been skiing every night around my neighborhood.






It's amazing to me that these photos were taken close to midnight--and it is still so light outside. . . the snow reflects the streetlights and Christmas lights shining down on it--and it is light enough to ski. . . it's almost like dusk--because the ski is a pinkish gray and is also light. . .I've waited to go late at night--because it is so calm and peaceful. . . no one is out trying to drive around in the snow (and the tire treads have made good tracks in the snow to ski on)

We don't get much snow where we live--up in the mountains there is plenty to spare--but down in the 'valley floor' where we live, we only get a few sparse snowstorms every so often.

It's been a long time since we've had a white Christmas--and this year Santa granted our wish with a vengeance! (be careful what you wish for) It's beautiful to look at, extremely fun to play in. . . but kinda hard if you have to travel around in it.

It has totally gotten me in the Christmas spirit and has been so relaxing to watch the snow fall from our living room window while we enjoy a cozy fire in the (newly fixed) fireplace. . .

So, since this is the EVE of Christmas Eve. . . I'll just go ahead and wish all my blogger fans a very

No comments: