Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My love affair with the Oregon coast

Yes, it's true! I am having an unabashedly shameful affair with the Oregon coast. I simply cannot get enough of the wonder and beauty. . .




Case in point--early in March (during the Tsunami in Japan to be exact, although we didn't know about it at the time) a gal pal and I decided to make a get-away to the central Oregon coast.



Our trip started and ended with an all-out-gorge-fest at the Otis Cafe:



And then the gorging--got a bit out of hand:




Note that the brownies were 'evil'. . . but I must state for the record that evil never tasted so good!











Even frolicking on the beach late at night in the wind and rain is fun:



Beach combing brings it's inherent risks and surprise--I mean--just look at what can wash up out of the water:

  
It was easy to find the old 'Sea Hag':


Yep!  Right where I left her:


Meeting new friends is always fun:


And so is shopping for just the right beach look. . . 




It was hard to ride off into the sunset after such a great trip. . . but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be back. . . 



No comments: