Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bridge Over Troubled Water. . .


What IS it with our family and WATER????

I mean---COME ON!

For the past 3 years (in this VERY month, no less) we have had to put up with some 'unseemly' water problems. . .

In June of 06'--it was SEWAGE WATER and the crapola that accumulated under our house--and what a COMPLETE DISASTER that was!

To read about that debacle--just CLICK HERE

Then in June of 07' our water heater broke and flooded the garage. . . (thankfully it lived out in the garage, so it's death only caused minor discomfort and mayhem--and a big pain to the pocket book. BUT just 48 hours later a water pipe broke in the garage and got all the stuff that the water heater damage didn't manage to soak!

(I think the water heater and garage pipes tag-teamed up to do us in that summer or something) Our plumber was EXTREMELY happy to empty our wallets out within 2 days time--and since he was 'johnny-on-the-spot' back in '06, and ELATED over the '07 disaster--he left us with a twinkle in his eye and a promise to see us the same time NEXT year. . .

Yeah right!

BUT THEN---right on schedule--in June of '08 (Just this past weekend, for Father's Day, mind you) we had a pipe start leaking profusely right under our sink--and the kitchen that we have so lovingly been remodeling and POURING countless dollars into anyway--took ANOTHER hit! (a big, sloppy WET hit)

Dear Hubby who has the patience of a gnat on a good day--just about LOST IT BIG TIME! However, he managed to save what little spending money we have left and ended up fixing the sink pipes all by himself. (I was QUITE proud actually) But we are keeping a massive bucket underneath the sink. . .you know. . . just in case.

I am thinking of giving up all water sports and boycotting rain just on principle now. (which will be QUITE a major feat since we live in the great Northwest where rain is more than a mere pastime)

I just CANNOT fathom what kind of water disaster will befall us in June of '09--but I am thinking we've had just about every kind of water disaster already---so the water gods are going to have to get a bit creative.

(and yes--when we first moved into the place we already went through the preliminary leaking roof problems, and leaking shower stalls and blocked up, overflowing toilets--so DON'T EVEN GO THERE)

A friend came up to me this week and asked me if I wanted to join a water aerobics class with her for the summer. . . I think she was a little shocked by my response when I slapped her face quite smartly and took off in a huff the other direction. . .

2 comments:

Megan said...

I hate water troubles! That's the worst! We're hoping that this is the last of your water troubles for a long long time.
Good Luck!!

Showmethesale said...

Thanks Megan! I hope you are right--I hope we can stay high & dry for QUITE some time!