Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Force at Christmas time


First of all, let me just say that in this new year of 2011 I will NOT be making any earth-shattering resolutions--I just hope to keep up with my life and not seriously injure anyone in the process.

That being said--I need to backtrack a bit and add some fun events which I had not yet opined on in late 2010--the most recent of which was this past Christmas.

It was a holly jolly one to be sure.  Full of wonder and love and mirth. . and this year especially the presence of THE FORCE was in full effect.

Thanks to my dear daughter's MUCH better camera (Santa, are you listening for next year perhaps??) I am 'borrowing' a few of her photos as well.  Now to show how this intergalactic event took place in my not-so-futuristic home.

Just the very idea that CHRISTMAS was ACTUALLY here, had my two older grandsons in hyper-drive:


And just about everyone had their game face on for the Christmas meal as you can see in the slide show.  (the only one 'grinchy' was G-Pa who was trying his best to look upset about carving the 'roast beast'





Everyone seemed to be in the holiday spirit (namely, in a good mood):





And Nana knew just what to get the munchins this year as they desperately wanted a 'Star Wars' Christmas:


After receiving my 'snuggle' from my oldest son--I had to admit, it made me feel a bit like a Jedi:


And speaking of oldest son--he was definitely quite proud of his 'uber-cool pacemaker thingy'--just like Iron Man:



G-Pa is always stylin' in what the kids give him to wear.  This year a new fishing hat and a Fantasy Football League Champion t-shirt:


May the wonder and beauty of Christmas (and the power of the force, of course) be with you through this new year. . . .





No comments: