Monday, August 31, 2009

Seeing Topol on Broaday. . . Amazing Show! Amazing Man!



I was SUPER ECSTATIC to be able to score 'Fiddler On The Roof' tickets when the Broadway Production starring Chaim Topol came to my city just in time for my 31st wedding anniversary! (How thoughtful of them)



'Fiddler' is one of my favorite musicals. . . and NO ONE ON THE PLANET performs the part of Reb Tevye better than Topol, who starred in the 1971 film version of the Broadway Show.



The show was FANTASTIC and Topol (who is in his early 70's now) was INCREDIBLE! His voice, his presence, his acting were simply stellar. . . and the guy must be taking the same multi vitamins as Dick Clark did--because he just doesn't seem to age!

Dear hubby and dear daughter and her husband and I all went to the show and were thoroughly uplifted as well as entertained.



I wish I had some sort of recording of a just a snippet of the show so that my blogger friends could see how wonderful this guy still is. . . (but there aren't any to be found--for obvious reasons)

So I will just settle for the original 1971 film version of one of my favorite songs from the show that I found on Youtube. It is the famous "If I Were A Rich Man" and Topol's performance of this on Saturday, when we went to see it, was just as good, if not better than the film.



Now I can't get this song out of my head! Oh well! It was so WORTH IT!

No comments: